Monday 27 August 2007

Village of The Damned

A few weeks ago I was in Asda and got to the checkout. The guy serving me came out with the line;

"I don't mean to be rude but, is that your oldest boy over there" nodding in the direction of my son who was standing against the wall about twenty feet away.

"Shit,"  I thought, "what the hell has he done, has he got his hands down his trousers? Is he making faces at someone, what has he done to bring shame on me?"

"Yes, that's him" I said.

"Umm, it's just that he looks like a character from a film."

"Oooh,"  I thought, "how cool."

"Oh right, what film?" I said.

"Have you ever seen Village of The Damned?" he asked rather slowly and a bit nervously.

"No," I said honestly.

"It's just that he looks like the boy from that film, the spitting image of him."

He then tried to explain the film to me, as I said I'd never seen it, and I didn't know what the hell he was talking about. He kept talking about the original version. I said I would get it to see the resemblance myself.

He kept saying "I hope your not offended."  Offended? I was pissing my pants as the guy was so scared he just pissed me off.

My wife didn't know what the guy was talking about and as we walked away she asked me and I told her wait til we got outside. Outside the doors, I explained what the guy had been saying in between pishing myself laughing.

I haven't seen the film yet, but I've looked at some 1960s posters for it, and you know what?

He does.

No comments: