Thursday 16 August 2007

Morrisons Dress Down Day

I was in Morrisons today on Gordon Street and noticed they are having dress down days in there now. I find it a little confusing to find that shop staff are wearing no kind of uniform. I sort of like shop employees to be easily recognised. I'll stop short of the bowler hats, apron and moustache but I need that basic routine.

I would say the incident that occurred today was a direct result of the dress down day.

When I walked in one of the guys was filling the sandwich shelves from a trolley which involved bending down. With his cool low riding jeans and skinny t-shirt it caused a gap of sorts between the two. Imagine. Bending.....down.....gap.....yup, I walked through the door and was faced with a rather hairy arse crack. I actually shivered at the sight. Maybe if he'd used Veet, I wouldn't have been repulsed so much.

As I walked round I noticed that there were more people in the shop in uniform, who didn't work even there. The guy from Jessops across the street who recently advised me on digital cameras, and a woman from Ladbrokes where I've never been since I lost £5 on a "sure thing" fifteen years ago.


I really think shops where bending is a job requirement should avoid dress down days. Very upsetting.


No comments: