Sunday 7 September 2008

"Ye Up Tae?"

I was sitting on the train last Thursday morning when I felt the need to eavesdrop on the most tedious conversation between a couple who just noticed each other and she had forced her way through the crowd to talk to the guy.

"Ye up tae?" he said.

"I'm just going to work" she said nodding with pursed lips as if resigned to her day.
"Aye?" he said.
"Yeah" she said with pursed lips.
"Been up tae?" he enquired.
"Nothing much, just working away, you know", she said nodding with pursed lips as if resigned to the fact her life is crap.
"Goat plans fir the weekend?" he said.
"Nothing much" she said, still nodding with pursed lips. And there it ended. They both nodded a little, then stopped. Then one of them felt the need to break eye contact and looked at a spot out the window.

The silence were excruciating. I felt like saying to them just to make something up to make it more interesting than this shite.

3 comments:

Shannon*~ said...

Hey:) I have an award for you!

http://dracofly.blogspot.com/2008/09/blog-awards.html

Violet Aquarius said...

Seriously, Glasgow was my absolute favorite city on my last trip to the UK. The people are the most derranged, yet most lovely people, I have ever met! (I actually preferred it to E'burgh) Some Ned on the street asked me for a kiss on his cheek, and when I drunkedly complied, he quickly turned around so my kiss landed square on his lips! Ew! Thankfully, he had no open sores! LOL. But seriously, loved yer town. And love hearing your stories about the various colorful characters you come across.

Will Hunter said...

Dracofly,

Thanks for that. Much appreciated. It's nice to know someone thinks enough of my rantings to do that.

Thanks!