Friday 14 March 2008

Roller Blade Bandits

On Gordon Street a few days ago, an old woman came from behind me at a bit of a run, and pulling her suitcase which bumped down off the kerb as she ran out onto the road. She was running with her hand outstretched as if she was trying grab something. I then saw two 14 year old boys on roller blades trying to get away from her. I thought they may have robbed her.

They both had long hair. But not cool long hair, the kind that looked like a girl's. Big flock of seagulls at the front and sweeping round and down their back into a wee curl. White t-shirts and flowing open shirts. Wee knob heads.

They'd been throwing those little bangers at people. I thought I'd heard a woman's high heels clicking behind me but it was those little gits throwing bangers. This old woman had taken exception to them and tried to catch them. I could hear her swearing behind me.

To be honest it made me angry and I felt like grabbing them myself. And I could have. Even though they were on roller blades they were going as fast as anyone else walking along. But... I couldn't be assed. One nearly got hit by a car as he flew across the busy street. Christ that would have been satisfying. Little prick.

No comments: