Monday 24 March 2008

Murder In Progress...Go Around

I was driving through Drumchapel a few nights ago, and there was a queue of traffic in front of me going onto a roundabout. It's a major roundabout on the main road through the west of Glasgow. It's the A82 road, I've checked and it actually starts in Inverness in the (almost) north of Scotland (as far north as I've been) and it ends in the centre of Glasgow where it meets the M8.


Over a small grassy hill beside some shops came a posse of neds. There was about 10 of them. Every single one of them was wearing a tracksuit. I wouldn't expect anything else of them. It's the next national dress. Looks shite though.


They piled across the road, fighting with each other, kicking each other. They didn't even stop for traffic. One car came off the roundabout at a bit of speed and nearly killed one of them as he strolled across the road. I accelerated slightly before being quickly told not to by the wife in case 10 of the wee bastards decided to stop killing each other and decided to come after a moving car. It's unbelievable. How fucking stupid are these people to have a fight as they're crossing a main road?

I remember a time some years ago when I was driving back from Stepps, north east of Glasgow. We had gone to see a band who we would potentially hire for our wedding (see next post), and we were going along a dual carriageway and came up to a junction with traffic lights where there was a pub on the corner standing alone as often in Glasgow, pubs do.

As I neared the junction, the pub doors opened and about five people tumbled out. Two were fighting with each other. The five were followed by about thirty or forty others (thirty or forty...no shit) and these two guys were oblivious to anything else and brought their fight to the centre of the road. One guy went down on the road and the other started kicking him in the head. It was some sight. I saw a gap near the central barrier at the right and realising the potential danger I (and my car) was in, I slowly moved the car round them and horsed it down the road, looking at the fight in my rear view mirror.

No comments: