Friday 23 November 2007

Never Mind The Hillside Strangler...

This guy's the Hillfoot Wrangler.

There's an old man at a window. He watches. He watches cars in the train station carpark outside his house. Hillfoot train Station.

The parking bays outside his flat are for residents only and once I parked near there for two minutes to go to a postal sorting office. I must have been just in "his" road because he vanished from his window and appeared at his front door and stared at me when I came back to my car and even as I turned and drove off.

A few days ago it happened again. I drove into "his" street and turned and parked in a valid space. I was tempted to drive into his road and stick the car up the kerb again. He stood stock still at his window watching. He must be there all day. Maybe he's got no telly. It's like he's just waiting to catch someone and argue with them. I'm going to park there more often.

1 comment:

Violet Aquarius said...

Wow. I just discovered your blog today and read the whole thing in one sitting - on Christmas Eve no less! Hilarious. What a gift for observation and detail. Glasgow makes NYC seem positively BORING! I am especially fascinated by the Glasgow NED epidemic! I had no idea such a thing existed. I suppose we have Guidos here, but they don't terrorize the streets and subways - Come to think of it, I never see them. I think they just go to their little techno clubs and gyms out on Long Island and the Jersey Shore. Now, why have you stopped blogging for almost a month? Get to it! You have inspired me to start a blog to help hone my observation skills. I won't hold my breath though as I have the attention span of a gnat. Previous blogs I've started have ended up as roadkill on the information superhighway. :) Merry Xmas.