Friday 29 August 2008

You Will Respect My Authority

I knew a guy a few years ago who worked as a security man in Safeway in Partick, and he told me he had to stand in the alcohol section for his whole shift, and he was kept very busy. He had no mercy when he caught someone running for the front door from the aisle with their hands full. He wasn't very gentle with them. I believe there was an emergency exit at the front of the shop at the far side from the main entrance and I think they used to try and bolt through that, and it was conveniently situated right beside the booze. Once when I was in the shop I met him at his work, and I wondered why he was standing in the same aisle when I was leaving. "Booze. That's all the cunts round here go for".

I was walking around Morrisons in Anniesland earlier tonight and the security guard was marching up and down. A thin boy with a goatee beard and an oversized hat.

He was walking up and down with purpose and my first thought was 'oooh, blog', so I followed him. He soon found some other supermarket workers and voiced some concerns...

"Christ, why do people just walk around the shop lookin' pure dodgy?". To piss you off?

Repeat after me... "Next time, I will try to look dodgy in the supermarket..."

"....to give someone something to do". After all, they have mortgages to pay....or payments on their '08 cars.

No comments: