Sunday 13 April 2008

Colin...To Answer You

Colin, It was indeed the Clyde Valley, a tremendous pub and spot on with the Blue Lagoon.

Oooh, dare I write about it again? Fuck yeah. May I be banished from the pub? They have to find me first.

I was in a pub a couple of months ago and I have to say I wasn't impressed..as I should be in a salubrious suburb of Partick. I think it was the Dolphin. It had a strange set up in the bar, a weird walkway through some perspex screen scenario I think to some very tight seats behind. My memory fails me now.

Don't take this as a slagging of Partick. I lived there for a couple of years, and loved it. I totally enjoyed the variety of shops, pubs and people. I loved the variation of people who had nothing standing alongside people in the pub who could afford anything - refer to scene in film Wall Street when Gekko points to the businessman and the tramp.

I'm out in Partick again on the 18th April, but alas, probably not the Clyde Valley. Probably up Byres Road. No doubt I'll see a whole bunch of drunken fannies then too, and then blog about them the next day.

Thanks for your comment. Please fire my link around any friends you think might enjoy my little view on life in this city.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

thanks for the post back! I live on Hyndland Street so know the area well - even though I have never been in the Clyde Valley (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/5291448.stm) nor the Blue Lagoon as it's probably the worst chippy ever.

The Quarter Gill seems 'lively' with really bad Karaoke on a Monday night. If you want a laugh visit the Partick Tavern on a Friday or Saturday night - always entertaining.

I have already told my friends about your highly amusing blog. Look forward to reading your updates. Keep up the good work!