Thursday 13 September 2007

It's Been A Dry Week

It's been a poor week for people doing weird things and this was really the most exciting or tedious actually, thing that happened to me.

This morning I was on the train into Glasgow and there was a young guy sitting opposite me. The train was busy with plenty of people standing.

I heard some woman saying "Excuse me, excuse me," and looked round to see her pushing her way through the crowd to stand beside me. Her and the guy opposite me swapped 'hellos'.

"Whit ye up tae?" he said.

"I'm just going to work," she said nodding with pursed lips as if resigned to her day.

"Aye?"

"Yeah," she said with pursed lips.

"White ye been up tae?"

"Nothing much, just working away, you know," she said nodding with pursed lips as if resigned to the fact her life is crap.

"Goat plans fir the weekend?"

"Nothing much" she said, still nodding with pursed lips.

She'd pushed her way through the friggin crowd to talk to this guy, started a conversation and then this is the pish she comes up with.

At least make it up for chrissake to make it sound a bit more interesting. After all, everyone within earshot was listening in.

If I ever meet anyone on the train, I say I'm just back from New York or Rome or some shite like that. Some people have no clue.

No comments: