Monday 23 July 2007

Clicking Man

I was walking on Gordon Street in Glasgow when a man walked past me and stopped dead in the street and clicked his fingers in the air. I thought he was indicating to a child to hold on, and I slyly looked over my shoulder and amongst the crowd saw no-one with this guy. I stopped and looked back at him and he walked on and stopped about 10 metres ahead and clicked his fingers in the air, paused for 1 or 2 seconds and walked on again.

I followed him. I followed him for nearly 4 blocks.

He survived a whole block without stopping and crossed Buchanan Street into Royal Exchange Square, then he slowed, for a few paces and stopped...and clicked. A crowd of people had the kind of looks on their faces that I had moments before. He started off again, and about 30 metres on did it again, before disappearing into a book shop, where I left him to it. He was in his late 30s, dressed completely normally, short dark blue jacket and dark blue cords.

Everyone's got a "thing" but his is weird and he does it in the street.

No comments: