Saturday 31 January 2009

Jam With The Fellas

Some time ago I was walking along St Vincent Street on my way to Queen Street Station to go home after work.

There was a couple of women behind me chatting about the weekend that had just past.

From what I gathered one's boyfriend had been out with his mates, flicking away at his guitar. I got this snippet of information from what she said to her mate.

She actually said this....

"Yeah, he went to jam with the fellas on Sunday"

What?

Firstly, was he actually 'jamming' in the Bob Marley sense? and was he with any 'fellas'? Would he call his mates 'the fellas'. I doubt it. I've only ever seen that word in The Sun newspaper which gives it no credence at all.

Who actually says these things? I felt like slapping her.

1 comment:

SingleWS28 said...

I would both hope and pray she meant jam the place as opposed to the activity!!