Friday 27 July 2007

Pimp My Ride

I have seen two cars very recently which have been pimped to excess, and pimped badly.

The first was a red Skoda Felicia, P reg. Driving behind it I saw that the back of the car was awash with stickers including “0-100 in 15 mins”. There was also reflective strips in various places, 12 of them, a “Scotland” badge in case I didn’t know what country I was in, an extra “Scotland” full size number plate under his own standard plate, with just the word “Scotland” on it, rear window shades in case the Scottish heat becomes unbearable, and many soft toys on the parcel shelf and I could see them through on the dashboard as well and a dangling Crazy Frog.

I drove past him just to see what kind of person would own such a vehicle and saw an old git with huge shades behind the wheel. On the dashboard he had a mini fan. Does the cold air in the car not work (open a window?), and in my rear view mirror I saw 4 extra headlights at front, “rally style.”

The second was a white Nova which was obviously a woman’s car, and a woman in love with Tweety Pie. The outside of the car was adorned with up to 10 stickers on each side and on the bonnet, of Tweety Pie. There was also numerous soft toys inside the car, all of Tweety Pie.

Funny thing is, having driven past it a few times in the last few weeks, I then noticed another white Nova parked beside it. Over a matter of a couple of weeks, in the street, the old car was literally stripped down to the shell, until one day it disappeared and the new white Nova is now a reincarnation of the first…..the same stickers and same soft toys all over it.

There should be some sort of law against this activity.

No comments: